Thursday, April 26, 2012

'Technically', My first post !

I am so in the mood to let out my frustrations right now and what better way to start than a "Woman". Most women might hate me for saying this, but let's face it ! We're very capable of driving people off the wall.


My problem starts with this so called "friendships". BFF's, best girl pal, bum-chums (what a gross term, If you think of it Hah!) and so on. I've never been the kind to maintain friendships on a serious note, probably 'cos I never found the right kind of friend or maybe, simply because I didn't stay put in one place to concentrate enough. I've always faced this issue with past beau's telling me that I, surprisingly, don't have any gf's. I went through my phone list and noticed - THIS IS SO TRUE ! But wait ! I've got to start somewhere. Why not - Work place !

This chic, right outta college, joined our work place. Seemed like a nice person. Bubbly, vivacious, overly-talkative etc I disliked her a lot, initially. But then I thought to myself, what's the harm in giving it a try? She was being nice and asking too many dumb questions. So, we're good pals now. What I failed to understand was, how am I supposed to keep up with the pace at which her conversations flow ? What are the things that most girls would wanna talk about ? BF's or Men ! This chic has an immature, overly possessive and highly insecure boyfriend, who apparently has temper problems bigger than the size of his dick(Wild guess :D). Since I am the new gf in her life, obviously, she had to narrate the whole epic drama of her personal trauma. It all seemed so cool initally, to be able to listen to someone, hear them out and sympathise. My problem started when I was given these daily dosages of her "BF PMS". I love peace and quiet. I love the calm serenity that an ordinary day exudes. Now, to suddenly imagine all that being shaken up by a voice that's constantly bickering about a so called "BF", who I don't know (I don't even wish to know) and to keep nodding with a persistent look of approval, was something NEW. Out of the Ordinary !



Soon the conversations switched from her bf to all the guys she's gotten laid with. What followed after that was, blow by blow description of bedroom intimacies and random fuck buddies with exotic names. Don't get me wrong, I am very open minded to not JUDGE people for the choices they make. But, I guess I wasn't really interested to know a random "A" guy and then a random "B" guy. And then to remind you of "B" guy in a subsequent conversation (Oh ! They're all somehow connected) and expecting me to remember their names, was insane. Now, the story changes from these random guys to even more random people, who've boned somebody, in some part of the city, that I don't even know. I think I can randomly recall over 10 different names of people I have never met in my life; Who must be leading some sad existence, in some part of the city and I know their names. Whew ! This is where my patience is put to test. I tried to ask her and reason out sometimes, if I really had to KNOW what she was going to say. She says - Yes you have to. I asked, 'Why ?'. The answer - 'Cos I wanna share this story. Hmmm, not too convincing. And she has this bad habit of cutting people off in the middle of the conversation and connecting the dots from your topic to some sad part of her story.

 After all this, I am still here wondering why have I failed at maintaining a good female friend. I'm not saying that male friends are any better, are smarter or have better things to talk about. But, this is insane. I think these are the situations that teach a person to become "Sarcastic". I've been blamed of being sarcastic. Well, Mea Culpa, but I don't see any point in having these meaningless friendships where all that the other person is looking for, is a wall to talk to. I can be a wall, after all, but not the kind where you spew your everyday trash.

Having said that, I still hope to find a good friend someday ! You know, the kinds who're really good friends?! So much for trying to be a good friend !

P.S. I'll be dropping this chic off soon. I don't wanna end up being electrocuted in the distant future for undergoing severe brain damage.


No comments:

Post a Comment