Saturday, April 28, 2012

Office Poli'TICKS' me off

This is probably one of the reasons why, I guess, Radiohead's song - Creep - peaked to popularity, especially amongst the depressed, frustrated and rejected. And Metal community is experiencing a rise in their fan following.


I've never experienced "Office politics", until I joined my current employer, almost a year ago. Nice place, fun crowd, friendly people all around and a women-dominated surrounding. I used to think that working at a place dominated by women is a GOOD thing. They're going to be more sympathetic and understanding. But wait ! That's not true at all. Oh well ! Looking at most of their faces, they ought to feel lucky to have a guy just take a look at 'em. No kidding !




My problems started when two chipmunks outta college joined our department. I, personally, have nothing against them. But, ever since these two made it to work with us, women in the managerial positions have been acting crazy. These two dipshits are always talking, eating, farting (It's a natural human tendency, I know they do) and passing on one liners at them. This scores them brownie points in trying to convince the managers to take extra days off, walk into the office late like every alternate day and worse of all, get those monthly appreciation awards. Some of us haven't even been nominated for almost 11 months now and these two just walk in and grab a monetary voucher every now and then.



Naturally, I must be sounding like a frustrated bitch, well I AM one right now. 'Cos I put in my sweat & blood here, worked real hard, stayed back late on countless nights working my ass off to only here - Thank you so much for being of help !  The only girl I see getting some form of appreciation at work, is this chic who happens to be the only senior at work, taking home a reduced pay package. They can't afford to lose her 'cos she's been multi-tasking and taking up a lot of shit that they have to offer. Then we have the "Hairy Penguin" (I'll explain this exclusively unique living & breathing being in a different post). I think she'd act as the most inspiring person to all those guys who participate in the "YO MAMA" contest. Apparently, this woman doesn't think of anything else beyond food & work. I'd say sex, but she already confessed to a few girls the other day that she's saving herself up for the right man to come along. With that huge hairy body & face and glutton like appetite, I am sure she has no choice but to save herself up. I'd play Vanessa William's - Save the best for last, at her wedding, If that should take place in this lifetime. She never has a problem taking extra work and staying back till the wee hours of morning. She's what I call the "Silent whiner". These are employees who fully participate and never back out from those dinner time gossip sessions. They even go to great lengths to drag the conversation all the way to the pantry. "Ah, a fresh cup of coffee. So, don't you think our manager's acting like a total bitch ? But guess what ? I am so content with just bitching about her most times, I will not do anything about it, whatsoever, and continue to grow my ass bigger by staying  late everyday with no compensation".



This place is getting to frustrate me more with every passing day. If only people in our department were a little considerate and took a look at other employees, besides Alvin and the Chipmunks. Dear God ! I hope you read this. I know technology holds no wall between us. But seriously, I hope you read this and help me get a better job some day soon :(

Cheers !




No comments:

Post a Comment