Friday, August 3, 2012

Digital Circus


The good day is here ! And why is it a good day ? Because I finally got to get out of my sickeningly boring desk job as a subtitle editor, for more than a year. It feels like doing time or you can also say, community service and then finally seeing the sun. I always thought I made a mistake pursuing flying as a career. Being a flight attendant was boring and you didn’t really have much to do but simply fly to places. I flew domestic for three years. Then I settled for the worse job of my life. Now, I feel, It wasn’t worse, In fact It opened my eyes to appreciate how good my previous job was. 



I worked at a place where you get paid peanuts to sit in the same place and labor for hours with no extra pay. A place where you work under dumb bitches, who have no life and no face. Where being a guy pays off. If you’re a dude and you enjoy flirting with your managers, taking them out on rides on weekends, cracking crappy jokes, you get promotions and earn rewards with only a few months of service. Where, you’re managers torture you like they own you to finish up work. Where all that men are looking forward to is getting women laid and vice versa. Where people don’t have a future and the only one’s who do, don’t have a life so they toil for years and then become managers. Not because they’re hardworkers, but because of their servile nature to take shit and lick asses. Also, importantly, because they were the only one’s who decided to stay when rest of the people decided It was enough. 

 

Whew ! Really frustrated I was you must think ? Yes I was. And there are still people working there, who are as much frustrated but don’t know what to do about it. I still recall this incident where I was flooded with so much work that I started stressing out. I was working 14-15 hours continuously at a stretch, with a pat on the back next day, from this grim and ugly looking Team lead – Hey Good job! Then I couldn’t take it anymore and I finally complained. And guess what happens when you complain ? My puny and pale looking manager doesn’t know how to deal with this and says – It’s because you are taking too many breaks. Wow ! So, she was keeping a tab on my breaks sitting inside a cabin all day ? Or was it when she was spending time talking to those boys half her age who were busy lacing her up with false flattery to get ahead of their career. 

 Now, here’s another incident which is very funny. I finally decide to let the cat out of the bag about my new job and plans to quit. So, I enter the cabin and tell her – hey, I got a new job offer. I know she shouldn’t be so happy about it, after the high rate of attrition the department  was experiencing. But guess what I get to hear ? Instead of wishing me well with a fake smile, I get lessons on honesty, integrity and disappointment. Seriously ! Our country needs such speeches, our politicians need to hire these mangers, for they hold the key to all the answers that can eradicate the root of all evil holding back the progress of this country. She calls me a backstabber and a dishonest person. All because I looked out for myself and got a better job that is going to pay me 3 times atleast of what she is earning? And then, another strategy comes into play. According to her,  my future employer, might go down in a year and I might be left with no job. Seriously ? I thought I was getting somewhere with Tarot reading. But this woman was born with a crystal ball in her brain. Speaking of balls, she’s got them at the wrong place anyway.



They changed my place of seating to make me sit right behind the right hand of the Queen with no crown. Assistant manager. Double whammy ! Imagine hearing about biscuits, dresses, travel trips & utter bullshit coming out of a woman who needs a nose job ? And there’s the team lead. Another lady who seriously has personality development issues. Remember how there’s one geek in every class, who failed in the looks department but is a studious, hard worker ? Jesus ! I can go on and on and on and on.


And you don’t even know about the people. I've already mentioned some cases previously in this blog. The Hooker girl disposing birth control tablet wrappers in the dustbin; Music man - He suffered food poisoining and quit the place soon; Ape man - Throwing mucous around through the cab window, hairy penguin and so on. One guy blogs about how he met a chic and writes some exaggerated version of the story, to gain some brownie points. A metal head. Guess his brain fell off head banging. Another guy who thrived there for almost 7 years and I pretty much think, tried boning all the chics there were in the years, starts buying gifts for girls to please them. I remember he asked me out right after boning a girl who was a friend of mine. And then he says – I never got rejected in my life from any dame. And trust me, nothing pleased me more than rejecting his sorry ass. Most women are ugly. The few who are pretty birds are chased by these wolves and eventually, most of the times, get hunted and raped. Bang ! You’re done.

 And then there are the Pot smokers. 90% f the people consists of pot smokers. Guys who never made it anywhere in life, got hold of some stash, go blow it on every break, come back stoned and sit glued to their monitors. And the management, I believe, knows about this and does nothing. Why? ‘Cos 90% of their job is done by these pot smokers. I always wanted to blog about it but couldn’t. ‘Cos I was working for them. And now that I don’t. I feel obliged to share my wisdom and knowledge. 



So, here I am ! Free as a bird to spread my wings and fly. And I hope I never have to work in a place like that again K Tata !


No comments:

Post a Comment